- It is visible to the content author.
- It is not associated with any published groups.
- The author has explicitly defined its visibility as public.
Users are not allowed to post any more comments on the item.
Software for online collaboration is fundamentally changing the way organizations work, offering new ways for members of organizations to engage with each other and build stronger, more successful business relationships. The Board of Regents on behalf of the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities (CSCU) is pleased to provide “Commons” – a system-wide internal collaboration website -- as a safe and secured forum for faculty and staff to share and interact with each other. Commons is built on the popular open-source Drupal platform and supports the collaboration of groups of individuals.
Guidelines for Use
- The use of Commons is restricted to purposes related to CSCU's mission of education, creative activity, and public service. Any content outside the scope of institution business may be deleted by the site administrator.
- As a site that serves some public content, any information that is protected by federal or state privacy regulations (i.e., FERPA, HIPAA, GLBA) or information protected by confidentiality agreements is prohibited from this site and may be deleted by the site administrator.
- While the site administrators do not review the contents posted except when necessary as permitted by law, you should know and are hereby notified that all content is subject to subpoena, discovery, the Connecticut Freedom of Information Act and such other disclosure processes as may be authorized by law.
Service Level Expectations
- Commons will be supported under sound IT practices with all reasonable and fiscally prudent means to maximize availability.
a. There are no implied or express warranties about the reliability of the service offered through the Commons.
b. There are no guarantees made regarding recovery points or times for any community data deleted, altered or otherwise lost due to network or system outages, file corruption, accidental deletion, incompatibilities or any other reasons.
c. There are no guarantees made as to server reliability, speed, or consistency, and the Board of Regents cannot be held liable for such.
d. Operational support for the service is available during business hours. Outages occurring outside of business hours will be addressed on the next business day.
e. Routine maintenance work is conducted on alternate Friday mornings, typically between the hours of 6-8 AM.
- Activity log messages are only maintained for thirty (30) days. Messages older than thirty days are automatically deleted and not retrievable. Comments on published content remain available as long as the content remains available.
- A group and all associated contents may be deleted if it has not had any activities for more than 12 months. Prior to the deletion, the owner of the group will be given the opportunity to (1) archive the contents or (2) merge with another active group according to that group’s membership restrictions.
- Commons is loosely moderated by the site administrators. Upon complaint, the site administrators may remove from public view any content deemed to be unacceptable according to Information Technology policies and guidelines.